Sunday, January 24, 2010

Norge

Saturday morning we woke up pretty early and Fredrik joked, "we could go to Norway today." But he sort of looked at me in that way that you know your significant other is actually saying "let's go to Norway today." So I looked back and thought...is he serious? I said, "do you want to?" So we agreed and got busy showering, making coffee and planning to get money exchanged and grab my passport. What a great decision! We went to a border town of Halden and saw a huge fort from the...eh...1600s? The museum wasn't open, on a Saturday...guh...really, this town was pretty dead. But it was a blast to walk around and read the funny signs and hear the funny Norweigian people talk. I loved the spontaneity of the trip. Fredrik is such a wonderful man to do something like that for me. He knew I was itching for an adventure with him. We started our tradition, as my mom and Marshall do, buying a key chain every place they visit together. I love this, it's a great way to remember. We couldn't find a sourvenir shop! Ugh! But we found a place that sold some keychains and bought a big letter "N"...for Norway. It took us about 2 and a half hours to drive there, and the same back. Fredrik found I'm not so great to road trip with, especially around 11-1 because I have to pee, A LOT due to large coffee consumption. oops.

I cannot wait to share many more spectacular views with this man. He really is the man of my dreams and I'm so lucky to experience the world with him.As you can see we are kind of far up! :)Such a beautiful time to be up there...I love the pink sky and the mountains!

And here is your normal thing for the day. Some money, with a special edition...Norweigian money too! The top is "our" money which is "Kronor" and the Norwegian language is so close to Sweden they call it "Kroner". And if you are me and speak English you just call is a crown. Like 100 crowns. Haha, the easy way out! And I have no idea who the woman on the Norwegian money is, with some research I could find out, but I don't care so much. The guy on the Swedish money is Carl von Linne who was a Swedish botanist. The back image is a bee polinating a flower. Sooo cool! Their money is so much more colorful and I love the sparkly stuff on the edge! Random note, Norwegian coins have holes in the middle!

The Swedish word of the day is "pengar" which is "money" and is pronounced the way it looks...more of less. :)

3 comments:

  1. This is a great post! I love it and you can see in the picture just how happy you BOTH are. Here's a note on the key chain. Even though it has an N on it - add a tag with the date, where you were if anyone else was along and maybe a highlight or two. When you're my age you might think you visited, oh I don't know, Nebraska? They you wonder why. Love you tell Fredrik thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Norway! What a treat and a fun weekend trip.
    The photos are great. I really enjoy reading your blog.

    Gran of The Dukes
    Colorado, USA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Norway is so picturesque and beautiful. What a fun trip! Tell Fredrik hello from us. Keep the photos and writings coming. I love reading about your adventures. :-) --Leslie

    ReplyDelete