Thursday, June 3, 2010

Booked!

Our flight and car for our trip to Germany is booked! We fly to Frankfurt July 7th and visit Henneberg, Mayen, and tour Frankfurt for 2 and a half days, then we fly home July 10th! I'm SO excited. I have wanted to do this since I arrived in Sweden, and my amazing husband has made it happen. I'm so lucky! We will be staying in Frankfurt with Jan (our former German exchange student). I thougt it was so nice he offered that, and it saves us a lot on a hotel room we will only be sleeping in!
The weather here has been absolutely gorgeous the past few days. Last night Fredrik and I went to the lake ate some ice cream and drank some beer. Sandy feet make me happy. :)

This is Lake Aspen and it's about a 5 minute drive from my house.

The Swedish thing of the day is the inside of a train. Haha, this seems stupid. But Being here as made me realize how much we DON'T use trains in the US. We take the train all the time and I actually really like taking the train! This time we were headed to Fredrik's Farmor's 80th birthday in Ljungskile. It was a great time and we ate some delicious food and I met a lot of new people from his family. Isn't my husband so handsome!? :)


The Swedish word of the day is "tåg" which means "train" and is pronoucned "toahg". "

1 comment: