Tuesday, January 18, 2011

i know jag vet

I haven't written in TOO long! It's just been a BUSY week! Starting work really took a lot of time out of me! I am so dedicated to it, I think about it like...90% of the time right now! I love it! It's going really great. Getting a good start on what I expect from myself, the other teachers and the kids. It can be frustrating being a new teacher in the middle of the year, but all in all, I am making really good head way. I can see where I am going and it feels good! More to come on some of the exciting stuff we are doing in the classroom! It's a lot different than teaching Montessori, but, I am getting used to it. ;)

In OTHER good news! I just got back from looking at THE apartment and it's great! SOOO we are going to sign a contract and we have a place to live for at least a year! YAY! It's not 100% official, but it's darn near close! It's so exciting! It's a lot bigger than we need, which is funny, because we have like...uhh...NO FURNITURE! Haha! One couch, a bed and a TV! Gonna be faaaannncyyy! So more to come on that as well!

Fredrik has been working late this week, which totally sucks. We see each other when he gets home from work at 11:30 pm and when I leave for work at 7 am. Yuck! But it's one week of that, then one week of early. He is currently searhing new jobs, hope he finds something more normal and closer to home. He has to travel over an hour to get to work! Yuck! Makes this wife nervous when it's snowing really hard! So more to come on THAT!

Man we are busy over here. Working hard, getting things done. Now on to the fun stuff...decorating an apartment! Now if only we could win the lottery next! :)

The Swedish word of the day is "äntligen" which means "finally" and is pronounced "entligen".

4 comments:

  1. antligen - a blog from Ashley! One full of great news and wonderful beginning! So proud of the job you are doing and the life you are living! Keep it up - Love Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that the word of the day you picked was "finally," hahah! So perfect and so Ashley! I love that all of these good things are coming together and that even in the things that aren't perfectly perfect, you are seeing the good in them and the utility in them. Keep on keepin' on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah! I was happy to see the new post when I checked my computer this morning over here in Colorado :)
    You don't need fancy dancy when you are now Sadie, Sadie Married Lady :) And isn't the Swedish Style sleek and uncluttered :)
    No matter your Style, you will make your living space warm and inviting.
    Hoping for a better schedule for Fredrik and continued excitement for you about your job! Teaching is also Always Learning :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS I love the profile pic up there on the right of your blog. You look like a movie star!

    ReplyDelete