Saturday, August 8, 2009

A day for the books

Today Fredrik and I woke up, not in time to make pancakes, but in enough time to shower and make it to his parents cabin on time! :) We drove there and headed to Smögen, which is a fishing town/harbor with the North Sea by it. Oh my god, seriously, this place was absolutely beautiful. We walked around, we, as in Fredrik, myself, his mom Ann, Hanna his sisters, Maria his oldest sister and her boyfriend Pontus. I got to smell some disgusting fish and eat another piggelin popsicle (pear, the Swedes favorite flavor).

Then we went back and sat around and drank some beer and waited for lunch/dinner, we ate around 4:30. Wow, best meal I've had since I've been here. We had potatoes they grew themselves, grilled chicken and grilled corn on the cob. Then some vegetables and sauces, wow, I ate SO much! :)

Then we drove back to Göteborg and mowed the lawn and raked the grass up. Haha, that was a fun experience. Then we got engaged. :) Haha, very low key, but here in Sweden, the boy wears a ring, I've been wearing a ring, so we talked about it and I gave Fredrik his ring...so NO I did NOT propose to him! :)

So to wrap it up, today was the best day I've had since I've been here, which has only been a week, so hopefully that means I have PLENTY more wonderful days left!
Fredrik and I with the Smögen houses behind us! :)

2 comments:

  1. Dear Ashley and Fredrik: congratulations! We're all very happy for you. When's the wedding?

    ReplyDelete