Tuesday, November 10, 2009

what I did

What I did this weekend was...

Enjoy a delicious "American" meal of buffalo wings, celery and carrot sticks, and baked potatoes made by Fredriks dad. He is so nice and treats me really well! It was so nice of him to go out of his way to make me a home cooked from home meal!

I went to the Cirque Du Soleil "Saltimbanco" with Mireille, Caitlin and Tara. It was so much fun and I really enjoyed it. I've never seen anything like that, and it was really amazing! I would totally see it again and definately want to see another Cirque du Soleil!

Celebrated Halloween with Fredrik and his sisters house with some nice people! It was a lot of fun dressing up with Fredrik for the first time! :) His sister had great decorations and really good and fun Halloween snacks!


On Sunday we came back to Lerum and celebrated Caitlins 12th birthday with some yummy Thai food and a delicious cake. Later in the evening Fredrik and I made pumpkin cupcakes with cream cheese frosting for Caitlin to take to school on Monday, and from what I hear, they were a huge success!

This week I have already been to Tara's school to teach English to the class. I am actually teaching 4 different classes. I take turns going to each class on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Lately, I have just been introducing myself, and the kids wrote questions and have been asking me them. They want to know all kinds of funny stuff. And they definitely always calls Kansas "Canada" and they always want to know if I have met any famous people. Funny questions. But I am really enjoying it. It's a lot of fun to just be around kids and talk to them like that.

The Swedish word of the day is "fråga" which is "question" and is pronounced "froaga"...and "questions" is "frågor" pronounced "froagor". I'm wondering if anybody has any frågor about Swedish or any special words in Swedish? I know you do! :)

2 comments:

  1. So funny about Kansas/Canada!

    You can go ahead and tell them you've met me...let me know if you want me to send autographed head shots...

    I want to know how you say "bathroom." That's the first thing I want to know in any language in case I need to ask where one is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice thing for Fredrik's Dad to do - what's his name! I knew you would love the Circ's can't wait for you to see them in Vegas. Love you Ashley - mom

    ReplyDelete