Tuesday, May 18, 2010

grattis! 100 posts!

Today is 100 posts. I don't have anything significant to talk about but here are some pictures.


This was taken at 10:30 last night. Yea...it's getting harder and harder to sleep. The sun is coming up around 5 but it's already starting to get light out around 3:30-4.

This is a murder slug, and they are evil. Although, Fredrik told me yesterday you can boil them and eat them. I threw up in my mouth a little bit when he said that.

This is funny cause it looks like I'm a floating head going around kissing people in their sleep.

I posted a Swedish breakfast awhile ago, but this is an american breakfast. Maybe slightly modified with yogurt and a banana, but don't worry, there was a lot of butter and maple syrup on those pancakes!



This is my springtime, Swedish umbrella. I look like a fool carrying this around amongst all the black and dark blue umbrellas most Swedes carry, but I don't care!

If you know a sign says something important and pertains to you, doesn't it make you nervous if you don't understand it. Imagine seeing this. That's why I took a picture to bring it home to Fredrik and ask "what all does this say?" ;)

This is your Swedish thing of the day. This is Fredrik's favorite bread, ever. I don't know how he will survive without it in the US. But we might have to steal the recipe and learn to make it. He eats this at least twice a day. Breakfast and snacks. He loves it.

The Swedish word of the day is "vår" which means "spring" and is pronounced "voor". Spring is definitely and finally in the air here. I will post some pictures of nature soon because it's just breath taking here. I have a tree right outside my window with gorgeous white flowers all over it. It makes me happy. :)

2 comments:

  1. Happy 100 Post Day! Keep them coming

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that "Rain-Brella"! That is what Henry calls them!
    Colorado is just now having 'Var' and it is about time!

    Gran of the Dukes
    (I think this tab is open to Sarah's account!)

    ReplyDelete